Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Home sick

Apparently "in sickness and in health" goes both ways. I've come down with something strangely similar to what my husband had about two weeks ago. Having felt bad at the end of work yesterday, it became a full-blown fever overnight and kept me from work today.

This was unfortunate for two reasons:
1) I was really looking forward to walking into school with my husband. We used to do it all the time, but recently he's been staying at the local library to finish his dissertation.
2) I want to be all celebratory for my husband because he defends his thesis tomorrow! This is especially so, beause I would love to take his mind off of the inevitable fear that arises when having to defend years of research work before a committee.

Luckily, this seems not to have phased my husband. He took it in stride, tucking me in before leaving, bringing my phone to me so I could call my undergrad, and getting me a bit of water to wash down the sudafed. Hopefully I'll be over this in a jiffy ... and why not with such royal treatment?

(Day 24)

2 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

Ah yes. The sharing of germs. Some of the great parts of marriage gay activists fight so hard for :)

I hope your husband does well tomorrow. And that you feel better.

P.S. I waited for Selly to leave the first comment cause I didn't know if we were allowed to comment on this sweet marriage blog.

Selly said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well.

You know you need some Selly time. That fixes everything. :-)

Pomo, I didn't know if we are allowed to comment on "this sweet marriage blog" but I didn't know that we aren't allowed to either. And so I did. So Topher...???