Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday nights ...

... are always so lonely. But this week that changed, as my husband stayed in town an extra day so as to meet with his former doctoral advisor on Monday afternoon. However, that has just pushed back the inevitable loneliness to Monday night.

As I sat down at my desk in the apartment after just arriving home, my eyes started to tear up just from the sheer quiet and emptiness. I suppose it stems from the juxtaposition of such a happy, cuddle-riffic weekend versus the dreary, lonely weekdays.

I really cannot wait until grad school is over and I live with him again.

(Day 100)

1 comment:

Joe Moderate said...

Oh babe. This put a big lump in my throat as I read it. :-( It makes me so sad to think of you there alone in your apartment.

Sunday evenings are always so miserable for me too.

I'm just so happy that another Friday is coming soon!

your husband